Friday, November 04, 2005

Reading Companion

A couple months ago, upon the recommendation of a sister on a devotional guide plus daily bible reading schedule, Andy ordered the 2-volume devotional companion by D. A. Carson as a birthday present for me. I've started using it for a couple of months now and have been enjoying it. I would recommend it as well to anyone who is serious about reading the bible on a daily basis with a companion that is bible-based rather than cliche-like, fluffy, or overly applicational. I had been following another bible reading schedule without a guide prior to this one, and my other flowery devotional guides are just collecting dust on the shelf. I am thankful that I was introduced to this classic reading companion to help me read the bible systematically.

As this sister pointed out, the author says:

If you must skip something, skip this book; read the Bible instead.

That is what I have been doing during this two-week trip in Hong Kong since I did not bring along the thick devotional guide. Though we have been here for over a week already, I'm still suffering from jet lag, waking up sometimes at 4 in the morning. So I would find myself reading during the wee hours. I thank the Lord for the sweetness in His Word and pray for a continued yearning for the jewels that lie within.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home