Tuesday, April 11, 2006

"New Career"

I am officially a full-time homemaker started this week, after having turned in my resignation two weeks ago. With many factors taken into consideration and as the Lord led, we decided it was time to do it though it was difficult.

Yesterday, we made a trip to Monterey to return my computer equipment and boxes and boxes of documents accumulated over the past 12 plus years. It was an emotional and nostalgic day for me. The sadness was already attenuated a bit by the fact that many coworkers with whom I had worked had also moved on in the past months. But the fact that it was my first job out of school and one that I stuck with for over 12 years made it a sentimental experience.

As I look back, I thank God for providing for me through this job, allowing me to telecommute for the past 7 years since we moved to San Jose. As I look forward, I am trembling with fear feeling very inadequate in this homemaking and homeschooling endeavor, especially with the fact that both Andy and I have been under the weather for the past month. I pray for God's grace and mercy in granting me faith to trust in His strength and not mine in the days ahead...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home