Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Adopted by the King

While in Hong Kong, we actually met up with our friends from the US who happened to be on their way to pick up their adopted daughter from China. On the way back to their hotel from dinner, I asked this sister if she had prepared something special to give the baby girl when they meet her. Her response was that they were so busy with paperwork and preparing to travel with two toddlers of their own on this trip, she had barely the time to pack the day before. That evening, as I was reflecting on our conversation, it dawned on me that this sister had already given the baby girl the greatest gift of adoption. As I am reminded in Ephesians 1:4-6: In love, God predestined us to be adopted as His sons and daughters in accordance with His pleasure and will. I, unworthy as I am, have been adopted by the King. What glorious gift!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 5:10 PM, Blogger Evers said...

Amen, sister. In fact, similar thoughts were in fact motivators for our adopting in the first place!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home