Sunday, February 05, 2006

Alas, and Did My Savior Bleed

Was listening to this old hymn in new tunes on the Songs for the Cross Centered Life album this morning during my time of worship while Andy and Caleb went to church. Just wanted to share the words from the first verse and chorus, which deeply reminded me again of how sinful a worm I am, and how this knowledge and realization is so utterly important to my understanding of and response to the truth of the gospel...
Alas, and did my Savior bleed, and did my Sovereign die?
Would He devote that sacred head for such a worm as I?
Was it for sins that I had done He groaned upon the tree?
Amazing pity, grace unknown, and love beyond degree.

My God, why would You shed Your blood, so pure and undefiled,
To make a sinful one like me Your chosen precious child?

Listen to it if you have time, and all the rest in the album too! May the message of the cross be ever resonating in our hearts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home