Thursday, August 24, 2006

What am I?

Mark Dever asked, "What is CJ?" and two weeks later, this was what CJ Mahaney wrote:
What am I? Well, here is what I am. I am the worst sinner I know. And by the grace of God I am doing better than I deserve. For I deserve the righteous wrath of God because of my sin. I deserve to be punished eternally. But in the mystery of His mercy, God sacrificed and crushed His Son on the Cross--as my substitute--so that I might be forgiven of my sin and know God as my Father rather than my Judge. What am I? I am truly amazed by the grace of God. That’s what I am.
Regretfully, I think I share in CJ's two bad traits. One his baldness, and two his being the worst sinner he knows. He then went on to say:
Of much lesser importance, I have the privilege to serve and lead Sovereign Grace Ministries in its mission to plant and support local churches. And I am especially blessed to be a member of Covenant Life Church, “the dearest place on earth."
Well, here is where I think I would say for myself if I were asked the same question, "Of much lesser importance, I am what most people around me think I am." I think it'd be good for me to hang around people who can treat me as I truly am because it would greatly help remind me of what I truly am--the worst sinner I know.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home