Thursday, August 24, 2006

Daily grind?

It was refreshing reading Mark Dever's post "Again, for now" and being reminded again of God's purpose in my daily grind. Mark wrote:
Reflecting on my own life, and my own congregation, I am reminded that I'm always in need of learning the same things again. Just as meals in a family are patiently prepared again, and clothes are washed again, and children are corrected again, and spouses ask forgiveness or enjoy one another again, or God forgives us again, so we in our daily lives are called to do much that we do again.
I am encouraged as well by what Martin Luther said, as Mark quoted:
...All does not yet gleam in glory but all is being purified.
Thank you Lord for the hope we have in Your glory (Romans 5:2).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home